[MPlayer-dev-eng] correctly interleaving audio/video in capture?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Feb 17 05:15:25 CET 2002

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 08:01:37PM -0800, Charles Henrich wrote:
> > it sounds to me like your hd is too slow. do you have any idea how much
> > write bandwidth it takes to record raw uncompressed video?? just at 320x240,
> > 30 fps, it takes over 9 megs per second, and at 640x480 it'd be over 36 megs
> > per second!
>
> Yah I realize the bandwidth requirements.  Im more interested in what does the
> DEMUXER error really mean?  Im sure its something Im doing wrong with the
> audio capture device..

well see, mplayer treats the tv device as a demuxer. i think the error
you got was because the tv device was filling the buffer with video
frames faster than mencoder could take them out and save them. i
suppose it could have something to do with audio...last i checked, the
tv capture device in mplayer didn't even support audio capture. i'll
take a look at the latest cvs and see...

rich