[MPlayer-dev-eng] An audio file demuxer ???

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Wed Feb 13 21:37:43 CET 2002

Hi Arpi,

on Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:17:25 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > Where is the patch? You have no idea how long I've waited for this, I
> > > want ogg vorbis as well =D.
> > 	The patch come as soon as the seek part is done. Certenly today, but
> > 	not sure.
> > 	Adding a new format is just a matter of detecting the header
> > 	and the correct packet size, so ogg or something else will be easy
> > 	to add.
>
> hmm. packet size may be variable, for vbr mp3.
> you should check frame header (4 bytes) using my head_check stuff, it will
> return frame size. then you should read the whole frame as a new
> demux_packet. if it fails (returns negative value) you should skip 1 byte
> and try again (to resync at errors, text and id3v2 tags etc)
	It's what it do. But I moved the printf to mp_msg at level debug 2
	to avoid anoying msgs.
> do you support any encoding for .wav files? they have waveformatex-like
> header containing FormatTag code 9same as format 0xXXX in codecs.conf),
> so it could play mp3s with wav header, and also other codecs encapsulated
> into wav format (adpcm etc)
	Yes with wav it put directly the 'fmt ' fields in the sh_audio and WAVEFORMATEX
	struct. There is just the cbSize fields wich I didn't understand what it mean.
	I fill it with the 'fmt ' length but it's not for this, no ? Anyway it work with pcm
	wav.
		Albeu