[MPlayer-dev-eng] An audio file demuxer ???

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Feb 13 21:17:25 CET 2002

Hi,

> > Where is the patch? You have no idea how long I've waited for this, I
> > want ogg vorbis as well =D.
> 	The patch come as soon as the seek part is done. Certenly today, but
> 	not sure.
> 	Adding a new format is just a matter of detecting the header
> 	and the correct packet size, so ogg or something else will be easy
> 	to add.

hmm. packet size may be variable, for vbr mp3.
you should check frame header (4 bytes) using my head_check stuff, it will
return frame size. then you should read the whole frame as a new
demux_packet. if it fails (returns negative value) you should skip 1 byte
and try again (to resync at errors, text and id3v2 tags etc)

do you support any encoding for .wav files? they have waveformatex-like
header containing FormatTag code 9same as format 0xXXX in codecs.conf),
so it could play mp3s with wav header, and also other codecs encapsulated
into wav format (adpcm etc)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team