[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch: Display OSD in the black stripes area with vo SMon Feb 11 16:13:18 2002

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Feb 11 15:15:15 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > I think the OSD part will be registered as cosmetic changes.
> > >

> > And the rule "No cosmetic changes are allowed in cvs" will apply? If that is
> > the case I don't think it is a cosmetic change. It is pretty useless to render
> > the OSD in every frame if it isn't needed. And I don't see anyway to detect
> > when the OSD changed without this patch.
> 	For osd_func use a last value. After each rendering save the osd_func
> 	value and on the next frame compare it to the current value to see if there
> 	were any change.
> 	Beside this imho this stuff must be done in a generic way, not per driver,
> 	but I'm not the good one to debate on this point ;) .

I agree in both things, especially in the second. It is usefull for every
drivers, why don't you implement it as generic code?
Or is your implementation SDL-specific, i mean use few bounding box / clip
rect features of sdl?

anyway i don't like that cosmetics chanegs at mplayer.c everywhere

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
"I don't RTFM? Wow. What's the meaning of this? It's new for me."
	-- Martin Baum, a tipical MPlayer user...