[MPlayer-dev-eng] wishlist round 0

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Dec 10 01:40:55 CET 2002

Hi.

>  * New german documentation maintainer ;)

There is none? Well I could do it if no one else wants to.

>  * move -dump* options to mencoder

Hu!? Dumping does not include encoding at all. I'd rather think about
dumping as some kind of "raw output device" which (for me) is logically
located closer to mplayer than to mencoder.

>  * integrate dvdnav into mplayer structure

I'd like to see that very much (there are a lot of DVDs with beautiful
menus/extras, e.g. Lord of the Rings, that would definitly benefit from
it. But I agree, it's difficult (I've only taken a couple of looks at
mplayer's and xine's source because of dvdnav...)).

Some more wishes for the GUI and other parts of mplayer (excuse me if I
overlooked them, but I'm rather tired right now):

 * Make the output windows remember their positions when resizing to
double size (I've only experience with -vo xv and xmga here).
 * Ability to resize to full size/double size/triple (or half) size
upon key presses.
 * Make audio/video/subtitle tracks selectable during playback
(difficult? I guess so).
 * Ability to completely disable those popups ('cannot access cdrom',
'your system is too slow...'). If I know what I'm doing then I don't
want to be disturbed by them...

Just some things that would greatly improbe usability in my opionion :)

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)