[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: RELEASE tomorrow?!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Dec 7 03:41:36 CET 2002

Hi,

> without complaining about the low priority, can I kindly request
> sp5x_32  to be appended to that list?
>
> for more info, please refer to my bugreport at
>
> http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2002-December/013388.html

i've checked it. strange.

my SP54 sample file (from an Aiptek Cam) has video header:
found 'bih', 40 bytes of 40
======= VIDEO Format ======
  biSize 40
  biWidth 624
  biHeight 480
  biPlanes 1
  biBitCount 12
  biCompression 875909203='SP54'
  biSizeImage 449280
===========================
the DLL in teh win32 dll pack (coming from the Aiptek cam's driver CD)
decodes it properly.

your sample has similar header, only resolution differ:
found 'bih', 40 bytes of 40
======= VIDEO Format ======
  biSize 40
  biWidth 320
  biHeight 240
  biPlanes 1
  biBitCount 12
  biCompression 875909203='SP54'
  biSizeImage 115200

and it reports error -2 (bad parameters) even for ICDecompressQuery, which
means input format error.

maybe the DLL in teh codec pack just can't decode other than 624x480 files?

you should get the right DLL from your windows (after installing teh driver
of teh cam), following the codecs.html instructions...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team