[MPlayer-dev-eng] manpage2html ?

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Fri Aug 30 18:11:13 CEST 2002

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 10:59:17AM -0500, Joey Parrish wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 12:11:03AM +0200, Jonas Jermann wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 12:19:08AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > > Imho it's a good idea to put the manpage online (and searchable) too,
> > > on mphq homepage.
> >
> > Yes, good idea IMHO :)
> >
> > > I remember seeing very nice, good-looking, fancy htmls generated from
> > > manpages. Do anyone know the program able to do such concersion?
> > > I've tried groff -T html mplayer.1 > mplayer.html but it's plaintext with
>
> I believe it's man2html, but I may be wrong.

Yes, that's the other one. It's output looks more like a manpage
and has less format errors. It still looks bad, as the font
isn't courier, at least that's what I thought would be the
reason (how's the courier style called again where every
letter takes the same place?). But... I like the output off
groff more, it just looks better. Unfortunately the output
format of html isn't useable (see vop subopts etc).
I'll check the man page and try to change it in a way to create
nice html output, otherwise we can still try man2html.

Does someone know some other options for groff (It's hard to
find manuals about it) to create a better html output?
At the moment I use:

groff [-t -e] -m man [or -mandoc] -Thtml mplayer.1 > manpage.html

Regards
    Jonas