[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist round 2

Alex Beregszaszi alex at galaktik.hu
Thu Aug 29 13:59:56 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Four points for the wishlist:
>   * seeking in realmedia files
it's working since years (you need to use -idx or -forceidx)
also i havn't tested it with the new real codec interface, but with
audio-only files and rv10 it's working right (expect the a-v sync, but
it's bad anyway with rv10)

> (Just three architectural 'Would Be Nice, but, as yet, Too Lazy To Do It
> Myself' points)
>
>   * ability of vo drivers to request 'scaling' playback speed of fixed
>     fps movies. (so that mplayer would automatically speed up 23.97 fps
>     material to 25 fps for playback on a pal tv (i.e. the sound will be
>     played faster too to stay in sync, the pitch becomes higher)
we need the new audio filter layer with an audio filter supporting that

>   * A 'cinerama' video filter that can be used to distribute the frames
>     over different (instances of) vo devices. (as in: 'send the left part
>     of the movie to THIS (+parameters) vo driver and send the right part
>     to THAT vo driver) The zr driver can do this, but I feel that it is
>     the job of the MPlayer core and not of the video output drivers.
hm, use ggi? :) it can do that

>   * Move the zoran jpeg encoder to the video filters. This can only
or (better?) merge it back into lavc (i'm willing to help in that)

--
Alex Beregszaszi  <alex at naxine.org>