[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist round 2

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Thu Aug 29 12:18:59 CEST 2002

Hi

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 09:42:12PM -0400, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 03:14:41AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > OK, seems like the wishlist was a resounding success

[...]

> >  * write sthg like mptv to replace xawtv
>
> Unless someone comes up with a slick way to support direct overlay
> from the tv card to video out, this will be rather inefficient...

Sorry I didn't understand ;)

> >  * vo mga should completely blank the screen like fbdev and tdfxfb
>
> Should be optional. Why not just use -vop expand for this if desired?
> Perhaps it's slow.

Agree. It's nice to be able to write on the console while
watching a movie. ;)

> >  * specify suboptions in a config file without braking playback (use
> >    channel 21 if using -tv, same idea for -vop, -aop, etc...)
>
> Huh? Suboptions work fine for me, syntax is just odd. You need a dummy
> =1 after the option for flags.

ö? Can you give an example? This should go into the man page.
I also got some problems with alang=en if I didn't play a dvd
(maybe it was just a warning, donno ;) but probably it's all ok
now...

> >  * good comparsion between the known movie players
>
> Here's a patch:
>
> +MPlayer = ruleZ
> +others = suxxxx

Bahh... ;)