[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist round 2

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Aug 29 03:42:12 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 03:14:41AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Hi!
>
> OK, seems like the wishlist was a resounding success, these items have
> already been implemented :-)
>
>  # all framebuffer drivers should completely blank the screen like
>    fbdev does (mga and tdfxfb

This doesn't seem to be the case for mga... IMO it's good though, I
like being able to toggle fullscreen off and see (part of) other stuff
while I'm using mplayer.

>  * reverse engineer SVQ3

Reverse engineer divx audio/wma too!! :)

>  * write sthg like mptv to replace xawtv

Unless someone comes up with a slick way to support direct overlay
from the tv card to video out, this will be rather inefficient...

>  * write a c implementation of rtsp (redundant)

Still needed IMO.

>  * encode to mpg, ogm, mp4, asf

Yes...but that requires the new muxer layer, which is a lot more work.

> Small improvements:
>
>  * vo mga should completely blank the screen like fbdev and tdfxfb

Should be optional. Why not just use -vop expand for this if desired?
Perhaps it's slow.

>  * specify suboptions in a config file without braking playback (use
>    channel 21 if using -tv, same idea for -vop, -aop, etc...)

Huh? Suboptions work fine for me, syntax is just odd. You need a dummy
=1 after the option for flags.

>  * good comparsion between the known movie players

Here's a patch:

+MPlayer = ruleZ
+others = suxxxx

:)