[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Wed Aug 28 17:34:49 CEST 2002

D Richard Felker III writes:

> I don't know why the vobsub stuff went in mencoder as-is, it seems a
> pain to have to run through an encode just to get vobsubs out.

Where would you have put it?  Most of the time I do a 3-pass encoding,
so I use those pass to rip the first three subtitles...  Putting this
in mplayer or in a separate program would have required up to three
more passes to get vobsubs out.

Note that you don't really need to encode the movie, just -oac copy
-ovc frameno -o /dev/null is sufficient for when you have more than
three subtitle streams.

If you have suggestions to enhance this I'd really like to hear about
them.

Kim Minh.