[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Aug 28 15:30:29 CEST 2002

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 11:39:21AM +0200, Jonas Jermann wrote:
> * hue, saturation sw eq filters ?

Should be easy to implement.

> * plugin structure for vop/aop (didn't Rich tried sthg like this?)

I wrote a vf_dl module to dynamic load video filters, but Arpi said it
would be better to integrate this into the main filter loader, change
the makefiles so all existing filters get built as .so's if dynamic
more work. Also, the -rdynamic flag (which seems to be needed to
export the symbols from mplayer to the dynamic loaded filters
properly) adds a good bit to the size of the mplayer binary. I don't
know what the best way to deal with this is...

As for audio, that will have to wait for the new audio layer. The
current -aop system is really bad.

> * move -dump* options to mencoder
>
> (maybe in a general way as -ovc dumpsub (<- I know that this
> isn't the right solution, donno))

IMHO this type of thing isn't a good idea until the mencoder
architecture is improved quite a bit. I don't know why the vobsub
stuff went in mencoder as-is, it seems a pain to have to run through
an encode just to get vobsubs out.

Rich