[MPlayer-dev-eng] Plugin for Graphics in Music Playing Mode

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri gsbarbieri at yahoo.com.br
Sun Aug 18 05:24:33 CEST 2002

Hello,

I wanna know if someone is making a plugin (or
something) to visualize something cool (other than
just chars) when playing music, like those for XMMS or
WinAMP.

If yes, let me know who and the actual stage of
development.

If no, where could I get info about where (in the
internal MPlayer structure) to get the song info
(album, artist, etc) and the sound waves (to generate
something that changes when the music changes). I know
C and a little of SDL.

PS.: I want to take advantage of the MPlayer
capabilities, like using framebuffer and others
(actually I'll use it in FreeVO, http://freevo.sf.net,
and it runs in framebuffer mode).

When I mentioned it in -users list, some people said
that it doesn't belong to MPlayer, but I think it
does. I and many others will appreciate having some
"visual thing" while playing music.

If someone wants to help me, I'll be glad :)

Gustavo