[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: A minor patch to the RTP streaming code

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Aug 14 06:47:06 CEST 2002

> > Here's an updated version of my earlier patch (based on feedback from
> > A'rpi.)
>please repeat here short what has changed for cvslog, so we don't have to
>read
>x mails to gather all that has changed, thx.

Yes, here's what the patch does.  (BTW, I also sent another copy of the
patch to A'rpi earlier today.)

- Specifying "-cache" on a stream without a 'fd' (e.g., a RTP stream) will
no longer crash mplayer.
- Create and set up a "BITMAPINFOHEADER" and "WAVEFORMATEX" structure for
video and audio (respectively) RTP streams.  (This allows RTP streams that
use non MPEG codecs to work.)
- Fixed a small typo in an error message (in "libmpdemux/network.c"), and
another small typo in a comment (in "libmpdemux/demuxer.c")

         Ross.