[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpdvdkit upgrade?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Aug 10 15:37:08 CEST 2002

Hi,

> In any case, I'm quite happy to try to port in cygwin support again
> if it's not readily available.  It took some code from vlc, plus a
> lot of hacking.  If I have to do much to libdvdread this time, I'll
> send a patch to libdvdread people.  Maybe in the future libdvdread
> and libdvdcss can be built without modification into mplayer much
> the same way libavcodec is now.

ok, i did rm * and copied files from dvdread 0.9.3 and dvdcss 1.2.1,
and merged teh assert() and key-cache (also improved) patches.

ftp://mplayerhq.hu/libmpdvdkit-2.0test.tar.gz

anywya i'm getting largefile problems using it - it cannot seek over the 2GB
limit (it uses lseek(), compiled with largefile defines) so it fails to
play any disc except teh first part of teh first title :(

i've added some debug printf in libdvdcss.c to see what is happening, but
everything seems to be ok but the lseek() implementation:

    printf("_dvdcss_seek: [%d] lba=0x%08X\n",sizeof(i_read),(int)i_blocks);

    i_read=i_blocks;
    i_read*=DVDCSS_BLOCK_SIZE;
    printf("before: %llx %d\n",i_read,123);
    i_read = lseek( dvdcss->i_read_fd, i_read, SEEK_SET );
    printf("after:  %llx %d\n",i_read,123);

if i_read>=0x80000000 i get 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF as result of lseek() :(

as i'm not a glibc/largefile expert, i couldn't find the reason of failing.

note that old code looks the same and it worked... so i'm confused.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team