[MPlayer-dev-eng] Announce dvdbackup and a new version of the DVD-Video burning Howto

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Aug 7 20:47:10 CEST 2002

Hi,

> dvdbackup version 0.1 a fully functional dvdbackup program. With dvdbackup you
> Backup main feature:
> Will backup the main feature title set with help of a half smart guessing algo

i've just looked at your code - nice work!
the main title guessing code/algo would be very usefull for mplayer too,
when the user don't know which title to play and for the GUI.
my first thought was that i stip down other parts of your code and import it
to mplayer tree. but i think you can/will improve it even more, so it would
be better to share that part. what about splitting dvdbackup.c, and make a
separate file/lib with all the guessing code?
anyway, we could include dvdbackup in the TOOLS section of mplayer package.

what do you think?

> dvdbackup also has a info switch that will display:
> DVD-Video file content of the DVD and  title set information such as aspect
> ratio, audio tracks, angels, titles in present in the title set and so on....

do you know any way to extract chapter names from a dvd? is it stored in
ascii form at all?

> code is really ugly :)
not so bad :)
have you ever look at mplayer code? and it's v0.90 now :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team