[MPlayer-dev-eng] some cooperation -- mplayer & SnapStream

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Apr 30 22:56:13 CEST 2002

Hi,

> hetz (affiliated with slashdot.org) had contacted us last week and he sent
> us the way of your application.  we make PVR and media server software for
> the Windows platform and we make heavy use of windows media (use
> microsoft's encoder/format SDKs, dshow for capture, use our own component
> to stream).  hetz suggested we talk to you about doing some work together,
> that your component could possibly be a piece in a linux version of
> SnapStream.  and on the other side, hetz indicated that you guys would be
> interested in the stuff we do in our application in terms of streaming
> windows media video files.

hmm. is / will be your product opensource?
as you may know - mplayer is now gpl, and it doesn't allow use of code in
closed source projects.

anyway i'm interested, but i'm not the right person todecide on this, i've
never wrote streaming code for mplayer.

btw, what about tech details?
i mean programming language (c,c++,etc...), interfaces etc.
mplayer isn't really a component, it's more like a big monolitic thing.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team