[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] Documentation update following lavc internal 2-pass mode commit

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Apr 27 16:39:22 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > > could someone add this to encode.html ?
> >
> > has no sense, as mencoder cannot mux mpeg files yet
> and isn't -vratetol overall filesize difference in kbits?

vratetol is the allowed +/- difference from size time*bitrate (if i
understood right, Michael please fix me if i'm wrong)

it's true from first frame to the last, so it means you must have X bytes
buffer to playback movie from constant Y bitrate input source (like limited
network, or playing VCD with 1x speed cdrom)

anyway all this stuff will be controlled by the muxer layer, there are very
strict specs for vcd and svcd and dvd vob streams.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team