[MPlayer-dev-eng] best place to analyse uncompressed frames

Brian J. Murrell 818a59b9cc5910ceac12a8b3e7fce2f4 at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Apr 25 10:36:35 CEST 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 04:40:33AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,

Hi A'rpi.

> what about implementing such filter? vf_skiptoblack.c...

This is what I am doing.

> and use control() call to control it from player core.
> should be easy, for example:
> sh_video->vfilter->control(sh_video->vfilter,VFCTRL_SKIPTOBLACK,&flag);

This is more difficult, and becomes an architecture issue which I will
defer to you.  Right now, the vfilter stuff is not "exposed" to the
mplayer core.

- sh_video->vfilter is a void * and needs to be cast to dereference
  control() from it
  - when trying to cast it, vf_instance_t is not available to
    mplayer.c
- VFCTRL_ macros are not available to mplayer.c

Do you want to simply expose the vf_instance_t type (and it's required
sub-types) to mplayer.c or do you want to abstract it through some
other way?

> you can tweak decoding loop to skip audio plaback and sleeping while flag==1
> note that skipping audio without a-v sync loss is another problem...

Again, this would require the vfilter interface to be exposed in
mplayer.c.

Please advise,
b.

--