[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer-dev-eng digest, Vol 1 #752 - 9 msgs

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Wed Apr 24 22:09:43 CEST 2002

> > > what is not gpl?
> >
> > As I've pointed out several times, divx4_vbr.c is derived from
> > OpenDivX...
>
> it was rewritten, the opendivx one was c++ code
> and imho transcode is gpl too, and this file comes from transcode
it seems like transcode only claims to be GPL, just like mplayer did ;)
transcode contains divx4_vbr.c and xvid_vbr.c file, which both claims are
repackaged OpenDivx code,
quote "Large parts of this code were taken from VbrControl() from OpenDivx
project .... under DivX Open licence", and this makes this illegal and
undistributable in binary form (?),

I already sent query to gruel at gmx.de about this.
--
Dariusz Pietrzak