[MPlayer-dev-eng] best place to analyse uncompressed frames

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 24 11:29:11 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > and it's independent from player
> > core. the player (mplayer.c) reads a frame, then call teh video decoder an
> > done. the video decoder will callback down to the libvo unless framedrop i
> > set.
>
> Hmmmm.  This sounds like an interesting place.  Would a "framedrop" be
> the right kind of thing to do to skip frames until a specific frame
> was found?  i.e. my "black frame"?

yes.
but it won't speed up playback (timer) just skip displaying

> > and use control() call to control it from player core.
>
> Maybe I will look into that.  Perhaps the best thing to do is start
> working with an existing filter.  Which would you suggest for
> simplicity and that demonstrates looking at "pixel" values?

dunno... maybe vf_rotate
others call mmx asm code

> > should be easy, for example:
> > sh_video->vfilter->control(sh_video->vfilter,VFCTRL_SKIPTOBLACK,&flag);
> >
> > flag should be set to 1 when user press the 'skip to black' button, and th
> > filter will reset it to zero if got black frame.
> >
> > you can tweak decoding loop to skip audio plaback and sleeping while flag=
> =1
> > note that skipping audio without a-v sync loss is another problem...
>
> It would not be any worse than "seek n" would it?  I find that I can
it will.
seek does a-v resync after seeking
but just skipping all video frames won't keep a-v sync...
so you need 'seek 0' after skipblack to get a-v resynced (problem with long
keyframe intervals) or somehow implement audio skipping

> Thanx for info!

sorry if you aren't familiar enough with mplayer code and you aren't
interested to read and understand it, give it up, now.
it's not easy as i said... and you don't even RTFM tech docs

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team