[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] Documentation update following lavc internal 2-pass mode commit

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 22 18:38:31 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > +                 (warning: 1kbit = 1000 bits)
> > +  vratetol=XXX   approximated bitrate tolerance,
> > +                 same unit as vbitrate.
>
> This is incorrect. Unfortunately vratetol can only be specified in
> kbits, which is incredibly broken since the desired tolerance may very
> well be below 1 kbit but nonzero! Someone should fix this! OK if I do,
heh? it won't work at all if you set it too low. 1kb is already too low,
it means very constant bitrate, ie. each coded frame same bits long.
bigger value allow more vbr-like coding.

> Arpi?
no, as nonsense

> > +  vpass=X        [1,2] select internal first pass
> > +                 or second pass of 2pass mode.
>
> Maybe document how to use this? I couldn't get it to work... pass 2
> came out identical to pass 1.
works for me, i got different file sizes (few kbs smaller at 2nd pass)
and better (not not staisfieing) quality

> Also, you might want to document the defaults on all the remaining
> lavc options...
yes

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team