[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] Documentation update following lavc internal 2-pass mode commit

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Apr 22 18:23:21 CEST 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 04:33:59PM +0200, Rémi Guyomarch wrote:
> Comments ?

Yeah.

> +                 (warning: 1kbit = 1000 bits)
> +  vratetol=XXX   approximated bitrate tolerance,
> +                 same unit as vbitrate.

This is incorrect. Unfortunately vratetol can only be specified in
kbits, which is incredibly broken since the desired tolerance may very
well be below 1 kbit but nonzero! Someone should fix this! OK if I do,
Arpi?

> +  vpass=X        [1,2] select internal first pass
> +                 or second pass of 2pass mode.

Maybe document how to use this? I couldn't get it to work... pass 2
came out identical to pass 1.

Also, you might want to document the defaults on all the remaining
lavc options...

Rich