[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.90pre1 vidix + ATI hangs

Marcus Blomenkamp Marcus.Blomenkamp at epost.de
Sun Apr 21 18:23:01 CEST 2002

Hi.
There must be some problem nested in vidix code which hangs mplayer on
my machine. When I use vidix (-vo xvidix or -vo vesa:vidix), CPU usage
is 100% but no picture or sound appears. Mplayer is still -KILLable.

My last working version was MPlayer-20020131, my next younger snapshot
from 20020323 fails, so does 0.90pre1. Maybe its a new bug, maybe its an
only one triggered more frequently. I'd suggest the latter since my
working version also produced 'hickups': After every resize/move
operation mplayer locked for 10 secs consuming 100% cpu. This seems to
be identical to the newer phenomenom except for the latter to not resume
:-(. Also fullscreen did not work as proposed since it did not hide old
desktop.

I'd like to help/debug the problem from here however I do not have
sufficient overview ove the complete source. Could anyone point me to
where I should reasonably insert progress marks?

My System is based on a i440bx chipset, gfx card is ATI Rage 128 AGP,
Kernel is 2.4.19pre + preempt + lock-break + bigphysarea.

Appended mplayers output, cu Marcus