[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PROPOSAL] mplayer.1 (big) update

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 15 22:31:39 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > >       or in both? (mf,tv,aop,ssf,vivo,vop,npp...)
> > short desc in manpage (1 line per suboption), maybe long in docs
>
> Should I just leave a hint to the docs (aop,vop,npp) or decribe the
> options (mf,tv,..)?

no, you should shortly describe them in manpage.
and optionally long tale in teh docs about when is it good to use it,
examples etc

> > >     - Why not remove all those (defenitve) obsolete options?
> > dunno. which options you think? and from code or from docs?
>
> The "really obsoleted ones" from code (-vaa_dr, -o, divxq, maybe
> more). For future: obsoleted ones in docs too. Which options
> should be called obsoleted (I ment -master but are -x/-y/etc
> already to be called obsoleted)?

-x -y are not obsoleted in mplayer
they are in mencoder (togethwer with crop options)

anyway you can remove them from manpage and docs, but the warning
msg will stay in cfg-*.h for a while

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team