[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: mga_vid as a patch

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Mon Apr 15 02:17:20 CEST 2002

>> it via some other means.
>it would be nice if it's included in the kernel :)
>but i'm sure it will never be... :(
 I'll try to ask alternative kernel maintainers ( Alan Cox probably
wouldn't be eager to do so, but WOLK or jp could do it,
especially if we'd provide the same not only for mga but also radeon and
sis).

I have put the patch in cvs in drivers/ directory, it is also available
for download at http://eyck.forumakad.pl/mplayer/
as mgavid.patch.
 hmm.. as I look at it now, it is 52k uncompressed, and probably shouldn't
be put in cvs.

Patch is against clean 2.4.18, mga_vid driver is then accessible via
Console drivers -> framebuffer support -> Matrox acceleration -> Matrox
mga_vid driver.

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
yck, ... zaklął książę pan po francusku