[MPlayer-dev-eng] shell script for bug report

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Apr 13 21:27:48 CEST 2002

One of the many reasons why users donot report bugs properly is bcos
they don't want to run ten commands to file a report. To make life
easier for all (users and developers), based on directions in
main/DOCS/bugreports.html, I have prepared a shell script that helps users
in getting the relevant info for system and hardware and drivers.

This is the first version. It requires some tuning and so feedback is
important. Once its good enough it may be included in mplayer CVS (?!).

I am attaching it as well as putting the text here:

#!/bin/sh

echo "================= SYSTEM INFORMATION ================"
echo
#
echo "_____________ uname -a ___________________"
uname -a
echo
#
echo "_____________ libc version _______________"
ls -l /lib/libc[.-]*
echo
#
echo "_____________ X -version _________________"
X -version
echo
#
echo "_____________ gcc and ld versions ________"
gcc -v
ld -v
echo
#
echo "_____________ as --version _______________"
as --version
echo
#
echo "================= HARDWARE & DRIVERS ================"
echo
#
CPUINFO=/proc/cpuinfo
if test -f $CPUINFO ; then

	echo "_____________ cat $CPUINFO _______________"
	cat $CPUINFO
else
	echo "___ file $CPUINFO missing _______________"
fi
#
for i in /sbin/lspci /usr/sbin/lspci /bin/lspci /usr/bin/lspci /usr/local/bin/lspci /usr/local/sbin/lspci
	do
	if test -f $i ; then
		echo "_____________ $i -vv _______________"
		$i -vv