[MPlayer-dev-eng] ffdshow

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Apr 12 14:27:29 CEST 2002

On Friday 12 April 2002 13:34, Milan Cutka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm developing windows DirectShow decoder filter, which can be used to
> decompress all versions of DIVX movies. It is based on basic DirectShow
> decoder filter sources from XviD project and uses libavcodec for video
> decoding and postprocessing code from mplayer.
> Name of the filter is "ffdshow" and it is released under GPL. Filter
> can be downloaded from http://cutka.szm.sk
> I know you are interested mostly in Linux (I am too), I just want to inform
> you. And I would like to implement some kind of postprocessing strength
> settings. I know how to enable different filters, but I don't know how to
> control strength of these filters, for example deblocking. Is it possible
> and if it is which variables control this?
u could use getPpModeByNameAndQuality() and pass a printf generated string
see mplayer -npp help for the syntax

or write into these vars directly (not really recomanded, as these might be
put into some context in the (far) future so that multiple pp filters with
different thresholds could be used at once)
hFlatnessThreshold
vFlatnessThreshold
PPmode.maxDcDiff

[...]