[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvo X11 cleanup?

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Wed Apr 10 21:15:14 CEST 2002

Hi Arpi,

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 04:31:56 +0200
Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> Any volunteers to cleanup X11 drivers of libvo?
> I've just hacked vo_xv a bit, to avoid some sig11, but all of them are
> a way messy/ugly for long time and just getting worse :(
>
> Someone with skills of x11 coding (or rtfming :)) should generalize
> as much as possible of X11 code (note that >50% of the drivers code is
> the same for every driver, just implemented by different people or
> messed up different way).

I looked at it once when i tried to find the "f" key bug in xvidix.
At the moment the whole X11 stuff is a mess (much worse than half a
year ago). Too much of redundand code spread over all files and
it's nearly undocumented. And it also seems that a lot of changes
in the libvo system didnt make it in all vo modules.

I could do it, but dont have that much time atm.
If noone volunteers, ask me again in a week.

		Attila Kinali

--
I am a moslem, i am a terrorist.