[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] DVD NAV work continues...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 1 22:17:54 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > note, that mplayer core is _not_ ready for runtime aid/sid changes!
> > it may work while parameters (ie. codec, number of channels, bitrate etc o
> > audio, palette of subpic) don't change.
>
> Agreed.  It looks like the audio stuff at the very least is sane: for
> DVDs it's the same channels, bitrate, etc.  Not sure yet about subpic.

nope
i have dvd with 5.1 x 480 kbit english and 2.0 192kbit hungarian audio.

> > such events MUST be handled in mplayer.c layer, it can uninit and reinit
> > audio decoder or spu decoder after ID change.
>
> Hm.  You're probably right.  The reason I was trying it from the stream
> layer was because I wasn't coming back from the stream layer until a full
> block was read from libdvdnav (meaning that any events prior to that block
> will get processed "late" by mplayer.c, since the event has happened (from
> libdvdnav's perspective, but the stream layer has continued reading
> packets, potentially missing audio/sub packets in the process).
it shouldn't be problem if you change audio 0.1 seconds later than nav
packet says... but it is if you crash immediatelly then :)

> I'm having trouble reseting the demuxer.  It really doesn't like being
> reset.  ;)  So far I have this:

> #define DEMUXER_RESET { \
>   int oldtype=DEMUXER_TYPE_UNKNOWN; \
>   if (demuxer) oldtype=demuxer->type; \
>   current_module="free_demuxer";        \

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?
you really suppose that it will work (and will be commited to cvs)?

you're really braindamaged...
os it was just yoru april 1 joke?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team