[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] DVD NAV work continues...

Kees Cook mplayer at outflux.net
Mon Apr 1 20:06:07 CEST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 02:47:38AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > putting them into the corrent layer.  That way I don't have to do the
> > silly command hack to pass AID/SID changes.  And I can feed SPU palette
> > changes into spudec too.
>
> heh. do NOT do that!
> it must stay in stream layer, where it belongs to.

It's pretty different code, but I agree, it belongs in the stream layer.
Should I split it into a separate file, or stuff the functions into the
end of "limpdemux/open.c" like the regular dvd reading functions?

> my suggestion: make a new event source (should ask Albeu for details, and
> read his docs anout input core) and send all events from dvdnav there.
> then, at the other enf od the event pipe, in mplayer.c, handle these events
> just like other keyboard and mouse etc events.

Actually, it looks like I don't want to process this during the input
event loop.  I need to process aid and aid changes before the next packet
is read from libdvdnav (otherwise I get packets from the wrong audio/sub
stream until I return to the input event loop), so I've put the event
handler back into the stream layer, and I just give the dvdnav code access
to the demuxer structure so I can get at the audio/sub->id's.

> for still images...
> we need to hack video_read_frame() at libmpdemux/video.c, to repeat last
> mpeg frame when the still image flag is set.

Okay, I'll take a look at this.

Thanks!

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net