[Mplayer-dev-eng] VP3 Codec

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Sat Sep 22 00:10:58 CEST 2001

It's the Question that drives us, Arpi :
> > > dunno. you should make some quality tests, or ask gabucino ;)
> Gabucino?
You rang? :P
I took a hi-res mpeg1, and encoded:
 - divx4 beta - two pass
 - vp31
so they are same size. Unfortunately I can't playback vp31 reliably
neither on linux nor vindoz :) -vo x11 gives black picture, -vo xv
give green, -vo (x)mga gives movie, but it's mostly green (flashing).
Entertaining :)
clips in mphq/incoming/vp31-gabucino

btw, when I tried to compress vp31 with 208 bitrate (for compare with
the 02-*avi opendivx), it complained out of memory :) and kept doing it.

oh, and it has the "speed" of the opendivx alpha codec.

/methinks: shit.

--
Gabucino