[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio synchronization

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 21 16:22:26 CEST 2001

On Friday, 21. September 2001 10:46, Eric Anholt wrote:
> I've recently discovered mplayer through the FreeBSD mailinglists, and was
> trying it out on a divx movie I have.  Of course, the first thing that bit
> me was cpu detection (It said my Celerons had 3dnow support.  Errors
> followed). I've been working since then off of a July 8 pre5 tarball trying
> to add runtime cpu autodetection, and I've got cpuid working correctly on
> my machine now (I'll try on a P3, too), and am working autodetecting kernel
> support for MMX2/SSE.  It's using function pointers and template headers
> rather than if statements, and I have quite a few to go still, but the
> process is fairly mechanical.

try if recent cvs still misdetects 3dnow on your celery.

> However, when I was able to download CVS and work against that, the audio
> on my movie is totally out of sync, late by a little over a second.  Before
> I could start it up and it matched almost perfectly.  The patches I have to
> the system are almost the same between the tarball and the CVS, and I'm
> running the same commandline (tried a few different audio and video options
> on both of them), but the newer CVS is just out of sync.  Have other people
> seen this?
Try playing it back with mplayer cvs and -nobps switch, in pre5 -nobps still
was default but now -bps is default because it works better with vbr mp3
audio in divx which is used in many divx lately.
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos

_____
Ever tried? Ever failed? No Matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better.
	- Samuel Becket