[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio synchronization

Eric Anholt eanholt at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Fri Sep 21 10:46:05 CEST 2001

I've recently discovered mplayer through the FreeBSD mailinglists, and was
trying it out on a divx movie I have.  Of course, the first thing that bit me
was cpu detection (It said my Celerons had 3dnow support.  Errors followed).
I've been working since then off of a July 8 pre5 tarball trying to add
runtime cpu autodetection, and I've got cpuid working correctly on my machine
now (I'll try on a P3, too), and am working autodetecting kernel support for
MMX2/SSE.  It's using function pointers and template headers rather than if
statements, and I have quite a few to go still, but the process is fairly
mechanical.

However, when I was able to download CVS and work against that, the audio on
my movie is totally out of sync, late by a little over a second.  Before I
could start it up and it matched almost perfectly.  The patches I have to the
system are almost the same between the tarball and the CVS, and I'm running
the same commandline (tried a few different audio and video options on both
of them), but the newer CVS is just out of sync.  Have other people seen this?

--
Eric Anholt
eanholt at gladstone.uoregon.edu