[Mplayer-dev-eng] processsor speciffic code

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Tue Sep 18 19:08:35 CEST 2001

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:44:29 +0200 Jesus Climent <data at polinux.upv.es> wrote:

> That would mean that the user has to have the compiler and tools
> installed even if it just plans to have an small footprint system
> for watching movies.
>
> The packages system is a design to avoid just that situation.

Juup, sure. But a system with a small footprint is most time also
a slow system and needs every optimisation it can get.
I know what i'm talking about, 'cause my machine is also
at the lower limit.
I think for a progam like mplayer which should been compiled
for every system with it's own parameters it would be worth doing this.

		Attila Kinali

--
Man who sink into womans arms soon have arms in womans sink.