[Mplayer-dev-eng] Hardware MPEG1/2 Decoding cards

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 16 18:20:49 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I've been following this list for a while now and I don't recall of anyone
> mentionning
> hardware video decoding cards

read it again...

as i said many times, my optinion:
- we support only cards we have. give us such card(s) if you want them to be
supported by mplayer.
- or implement the support and send us patches.

i've received a DVB-Sat card for the first variant, and i'm alerady working on
its support (see vo_mpegpes.c).
we can't support cards we have never seen. and we has no money to buy them
just to develop some drivers...

> I have a Realmagic Hollywood+  card based on the EM8300 decoder chip
> there is a driver for this card and even a lib (libdxr3) that you can find

somebody recently mentioned to give us such card, so it is possible.
but now i'm busy with libvo2 and DVB support, after it I'll see.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu