[Mplayer-dev-eng] speed

helder varela helder_varela at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 10 11:26:42 CEST 2001

Hello , im using mplayer and i've noted 3 facts:

1-To achieve the max speed use the video out driver fsdga(yes i now it have
been descontinued,:( )

2-The subtitles or other thing is making the new versions of mplayer became
slow (and i've tried the fast subtitle option ), the .17 version is much
faster!!!! than the lastest version
:(

3- The xv video driver doenst work with dvd in my system, but it works with
divx ????

My system is a celeron 433 with a riva tnt II, using the binary drivers from
nvidea. (i know it a bit slow but using the fsdga its fast enough to see the
most of divx).

Continue it the good work!!!!
(I m trying to port the xine dvd menu to mplayer its a bit dificult but

helder varela