[MPlayer-dev-eng] Proposal: useful feature for TVout

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Sat Oct 20 19:20:22 CEST 2001

Yo!

I'm watching TV with mga_vid on matrox framebuffer, so it doesn't know
what resolution to use, I have to specify it with -x and -y, and calculate
aspect myself.

What I thought about: there should be options to specify the TV's mode
like: -tvxres 720 -tvyres 576 or similar, and the aspect code would handle
the rest (ratio calc., zooming, etc)

Maybe a -tvaspect option is needed, similar to -monitoraspect ?

And of course a -tvmode option to enable all this method (since the monitor
should still be usable, without reediting config file).

What do you think?

p.s.: the cursor should be turned off on framebuffer. It's very annoying
(especially when that memory area gets overwritten...). Nick, can you do
it with int10h ? :)

--
Gabucino