[MPlayer-dev-eng] VO_VESA to be continue

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Oct 19 20:30:33 CEST 2001

Hi

On Friday 19 October 2001 19:49, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Friday 19 October 2001 17:59, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > yes and we could scale uv to only halve the samples horizontally (not
> > > supported yet but planned) we cant do that with rgb
> >
> > do i need to keep the current version which does full horizontl uv
> > interpolation?
> > it would be a bit easier without that
> > special version for 1:1 and 1:2 and a general one and everything for
> > rgb16 rgb32 rgb24 thats 9 vs 18 functions and libvo/yuv2rgb_mmx.c seems
> > to reuse uv samples too instead of interpolating them
>
> you mean no uv interpolation?
no, just interpolate to only 1/2 as many samples horizontally as luminance
and duplicate uv for every 2nd pixel
> it will reduce quality.
yes
> you shouldn't remove current working version at least.
> maybe fast versions shouldn't do interpolation, but keep this one.
ok, ill keep it, although i did mean something different, appearently iam not
too good at explaining it :(
but the idea with no uv interpolation is nice too,but i think we wont gain
that much with it compared to the 1/2 interpolation, as we still need to
reorder the samples

Michael