[MPlayer-dev-eng] IRIX64 port in progress

Martin Decky mdecky at iol.cz
Wed Oct 17 16:31:17 CEST 2001

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if someone is already working on SGI IRIX/MIPS port of MPlayer,
but I would like to inform you about my own progress. I have been working on
the port for several hours now.

I'm using the CVS snapshot from 16th Oct. The only modifications I need to do
are in configure.

Features currently supported:
+ MPEG1/2 playback using libmpeg2
+ MPEG1/2 playback using ffmpeg
+ OpenDivX playback using Decore liblary
+ OpenDivX playback using ffmpeg
+ DivX ;-) playback using ffmpeg
+ X11 output
+ OpenGL output

Features that I plan to port:
- audio output
- accelerated IRIX specific output

Features that probably won't ever be supported:
- Win32 codecs support

Please tell me if there's someone trying to port MPlayer to IRIX, too, to share
our efforts. I have tested my port on several IRIX 6.5 systems (O2, Octane,
Indigo), all details after finishing the port.

Regards

Martin Decky
martin at decky.cz
http://www.decky.cz