[MPlayer-dev-eng] What happened to deinterlacing?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Oct 16 18:28:11 CEST 2001

On Tuesday 16 October 2001 16:50, Felix Buenemann wrote:
[snip]
> hmm how about adding a function like getppmodebyname() that is fed with a
> string from the commandline in the form of:
> -pp deblock1,linblend,tmpdenoise:25,lumdering or something in that way?
what about feeding it into something like setppmodebyname()
or getppmodebyname() must return something bigger, like a struct

> Hmm, but it gets problematic the moment we use additional parameters (cause
> we can't simply map a string to a pp value and add it to the flags) so
> maybe it's a better idea to split it up like this:
> -deinterlace linearblend
> -dering luma,chroma
> -deblock rk1v,rk1h
> -levelfix
hmm, i think set or getppmodebyname is better imho

> and we could define some defaults for each switch that are used when called
> without paramters like only -deinterlace.
yes

> And another very cool thing would be to rate the pp's by quality and speed
> and depending on free cpu time use the faster or the better looking
> algorithmn (for -autoq).
-pp deblock:autoq,linblend,tmpdenoise:25:autoq,lumdering:autoq
struct PpMode getPpModeByQualityAndName(qualitySpeedFactor,
"deblock:autoq...") (or set) could than select the right one
if noone has a better (simpler) idea ill try to implement
getPpModeByQualityAndName() after i finished the swscale & cubic deint filter

Michael