Re2: [MPlayer-dev-eng] What happened to deinterlacing?

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 18:41:15 CEST 2001

--- Felix Buenemann <atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:
> On Friday, 12. October 2001 10:17,
> marpet at linuxpl.org wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I updated my cvs snapshot a few minutes ago and I
> noticed that the
> > neat deinterlacing vanished. Some time ago (I
> can't say exactly when,
> > cause I didn't follow that very closely)
> deinterlacing happened
> > automagically, now it doesnt and TFMs don't say
> anything
> > about it.
> >
> > Is it that the new postprocessing code could have
> broken the
> > mentioned feature?
> check if it works with the 0.50 release, if not
> maybe Ivans changes to
> interlaced code wer faulty.
I have disable postprocessing for interlaced fields.
There have never been deinterlacing. The options are
Frame with PP or Field without PP. As PP is
quantization based it cannot be used for
deinterlacing.
If you think that you need PP I could add it to the
display_time.patch that I gonna send tomorrow.\