[MPlayer-dev-eng] aspect stuff

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 17:23:47 CEST 2001

--- Felix Buenemann <atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:
> hmm, can you tell me how your implentation is
> superiour to the current one,
> so I can see a reason to use it?
1. It is formend by few small functions that could be
used indepedently.
2. When it change aspect it tryes to enlarge image.
This is becouse my video card don't decrease image.
3. The functions for changing aspect don't scale it,
so you shouldn't calculate aspect twice. 1'st time to
image and second time for window to fit in, as it is
done now.
4. You can see that current aspect() is implemented in
two of 'my' functions. It could be used to fullscreen.
There is function that could be used for windows and
scale them only when they get out of screen.
5. In my system, i usually work in 800x600x16, when i
go to full screen it first switch to 640x480 in this
mode your function cuts the image, mine scale it
correctly (for misson2mars.avi 512x384 i think), i
don't know why but it is so.

Take a look of aspect.h, there are some comments. Feel
free to fix any grammar and syntax errors:)

I think that aspect calculation should be fully moved
in vo_ drivers, as thay best know that's going on.

Best Regards
  Ivan Kalvachev

P.S.
  If you get this mail twice - my modem dropped:(