[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio plugin

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Nov 28 00:08:26 CET 2001

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Anders Johansson wrote:

> Audio plugin interface working, and first plugin created. The plugin
> is a dummy that only buffers and delays the output signal, but it
> serves as an easy example of how to write plugins.

Do you think I could use this plugin idea to write a Dolby Surround
decoder - a simple decoder is just a matter of getting the difference
between left and right as a "surround" signal.  Input would be a stereo
signal, output 4 channel.

OK - its not a proper "Pro Logic" decoder - which has extra gain riding
stuff that's not public - but it'll give a basic effect.

Steve