[MPlayer-dev-eng] SB Live/emu10k1 driver capabilities

Anders Johansson ajh at atri.curtin.edu.au
Sat Nov 24 07:41:56 CET 2001

Hi,

> On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Anders Johansson wrote:
>
> > I have planned writing output plugins to synthesise the missing
> > channels when only stereo is provided
>
> I think that this can be done on the card DSP directly.  Certainly at
> least a simple Dolby Surround decoder could be implemented.  And many
> stereo pairs are actually in that format.

I was going to start by doing it in sw so that it works with all
cards. I actually haven't had time to check the capabilities of the
card cause the rest of the macine where it is supposed to go isn't
in my posession yet.

> , I have also planned to write a anything to
> > ac3 encoder to use with external ac3 decoders.

Great! let's do a joint effort. I have written a generic output layer
for adding audio out plugins to mplayer, have a look at it, you'll find
it under libao2/ao_plugin.c. I guess you have already downloaded the
ac3 specs of the net. I had a quick browse through the documentation
It shouldn't be a problem writing the plugin but it will take some
time optimizing it. I also think we should get in contact whith the
guys who wrote the decoder. They might have some useful input, perhaps
they might be interested in including it in their lib. What do you
think?

//Anders