[MPlayer-dev-eng] SB Live/emu10k1 driver capabilities

Anders Johansson ajh at atri.curtin.edu.au
Fri Nov 23 02:19:25 CET 2001

Hi,

Adding support for 6 channels is mainly a codec side problem. Adding
it to audio_out is planned work that is in my pipe (but I won't stop
you from helping me :). I've got a 6 channel card myself (creative
audigy) and am dying to see it run using all 6 channels. I have
planned writing output plugins to synthesise the missing channels when
only stereo is provided, I have also planned to write a anything to
ac3 encoder to use with external ac3 decoders. A fairly large patch is
in for testing but is not applied yet, so if you are planning on making
any changes to the ao_xxxx drivers perhaps you should wait until the
patch is applied.

//Anders