[MPlayer-dev-eng] SB Live/emu10k1 driver capabilities

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Nov 23 11:08:23 CET 2001

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Anders Johansson wrote:

> I have planned writing output plugins to synthesise the missing
> channels when only stereo is provided

I think that this can be done on the card DSP directly.  Certainly at
least a simple Dolby Surround decoder could be implemented.  And many
stereo pairs are actually in that format.

Steve

, I have also planned to write a anything to
> ac3 encoder to use with external ac3 decoders. A fairly large patch is
> in for testing but is not applied yet, so if you are planning on making
> any changes to the ao_xxxx drivers perhaps you should wait until the
> patch is applied.

Well for now I've made an ao_sblive.c to play in.  The changes there are
trivial so they can easily be redone on your new code.

Steve