[MPlayer-dev-eng] network streaming layer updated.

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 23:39:32 CET 2001

Hi,

I just updated cvs with the changes I made on the network layer.
The changes are:
- Removed the netword thread
- Removed my buffer hack to use Arpi's cache2.
- Added a new struct (streaming_ctrl_t) inside the stream_t struct.
- Changed all the network code to handle the aboves changes.

While I was doing my changes I noticed that in the
stream_fill_buffer function and in the stream_seek_long function,
a switch are used based on the demuxer type.
I'm wondering why not using 2 functions pointer inside the stream_t
struct for read and seek (I'm doing that inside my streaming_ctrl_t struct)
This 2 functions pointers can be initialised once the demuxer type is
known and the functions pointer will be called inside stream_fill_buffer and
stream_seek_long.
This will avoid to have to change the demuxer.c code to handle a new
stream type. Each file type will provide the way to read and seek.
The default read handler can be the read syscall, and when reading
from the network, for example, I will set the proper read handler.
Is that something that was already though about? I will appreciate if
someone can point me on the drawback on this method, personnaly
I find it clean ;)

Just my 2 cents :)

BTW, the HTTP streaming is still working but the ASF MMS streaming
still doesn't worki for now, I might have an idea why, but I need more time
to investigate on it. I will let you know.
And there is no more prebufferization for now, I will also work on this.

Bertrand