[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: libvo2, 1st proposed spec

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Nov 18 16:19:14 CET 2001

Hi,

> >>ah yes, and about mp1e, I read through the sources a couple of times and
> >>found it messy, and then to get users to understand on how to integrate
> >>it with mplayer will be perhaps as hard as to implement it in our
> >>devices, rte is a statical lib which wraps ffmpeg and mp1e under one
> >>
> >i don't want to see ffmpeg twice. same as libac3 problems.
> >we have already support for libavcodec, we just need mp1e then.
> >
> well I could go through rte and see how it implements mp1e, but I think
> it's gonna be a mess to instruct users on how to set up mp1e... or
> option 2, they don't and we compile in the whole thing (unnecessary
> audiocode and so on)...

we need just a very fast mpeg encoder, i think it's mp1e.
is rte just a wrapper around mp1e and libavcodec, or it does change
(speedup?) mp1e?

> when we switch to libvo2, can't we just wipe libavcodec and ffmpeg.so
> from every file in the mplayer tree and introduce rte?
heh? why should we wipe out ffmpeg/libavcodec? it's mainly used for decoding.

i just want to _add_ mp1e support for faster mpeg encoding requires for
mpeg-only cards like dvb and dxr3.

> or are you planning to retain libvo when libvo2 is done?
no

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu