[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: libvo2, 1st proposed spec

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Sun Nov 18 15:18:00 CET 2001

Arpi wrote:

>Hi,

>>ah yes, and about mp1e, I read through the sources a couple of times and
>>found it messy, and then to get users to understand on how to integrate
>>it with mplayer will be perhaps as hard as to implement it in our
>>devices, rte is a statical lib which wraps ffmpeg and mp1e under one
>>
>i don't want to see ffmpeg twice. same as libac3 problems.
>we have already support for libavcodec, we just need mp1e then.

well I could go through rte and see how it implements mp1e, but I think
it's gonna be a mess to instruct users on how to set up mp1e... or
option 2, they don't and we compile in the whole thing (unnecessary
audiocode and so on)...

when we switch to libvo2, can't we just wipe libavcodec and ffmpeg.so
from every file in the mplayer tree and introduce rte?

or are you planning to retain libvo when libvo2 is done?

>>(eh, better) api... users will have no tribble(from a startrek ep.)
>>installing it and developers will have no tribble implementing it by
>>reading mpegpes or dxr3 sources... (rte is undocumented, that's kinda lame)
>>
>gabucino should write doc for it then :))))

hehe ;)